I have been stressed out. Stressed from what, you might add? Well stress comes in all forms. This week I totally fell off the bandwagon of portion control and eating well.
Let me recap this week for you:
1. Had some emotional stress with a friend. So in a feeble attempt to keep myself cool, calm and collected I ate some breakfast Sunday morning and went on a run.
2. On this run, my phone (which was my music source) died shortly after I stepped in animal feces. I did however meet a goal of extending my run time to .92 mile even though I literally almost died. Huffing, puffing, and trying to encourage myself to “keep going!” (Yes, I did yell at myself while on the run…probably looked like I was crazy…) Oh yes, don’t recommend eating so close in time frame before you decide to run a hard run. It doesn’t end well.
3. I was social this week. While giving myself a facial, I ate a few bites of Gelato which ended up being an inch down in the container! No, bueno. I ate pasta shamelessly 2 days in a row for 3 different meals. I drank a regular pop (gasp!). Don’t judge, I could barely stay awake and it was 2pm. I also ate wings with a friend last night. They were fried and I only ate 6. I knew every ounce on that scale was going to reflect it too…
4. Aunt Flow is right around the corner and whenever she comes to visit, I crave chocolate. I couldn’t do it! I couldn’t resist…yep I ate a Milky Way Fun Size and Lindt (1 square) chocolate piece back to back. Hello saturated fat!
5. Work has been stressful. I get home in the evening and I sit. It is a death wish to any sort of physical movement you may or may not want to do. Productivity becomes zero.
6. I haven’t made time for good workout’s this week. I have been doing calf raises, lunges and strengthening activities intermittently through my day. I have been trying to strengthen instead of sit idle.
7. I have been trying to find more time for prayer, meditation, and peace. I think I am doing an OK job at that even though I could always use more.
8. I got wonderful notes of encouragement from a few girlfriends this week! That was so wonderful.
All in all, this week my focus was elsewhere. This is much how life goes. Life will pull and tug us in our many directions and it is so important to remain in control. It too is important to prioritize our issues, get our feelings in check, and maintain a sense of dignity and control over our being. Praying has helped me get back to a level of which is normal stress. It has given me much-needed peace about a lot of the stress I just recognize I cannot control. What I can control however is myself, how I react, and how I choose to conduct myself. I know this to be absolutely true. I am convinced that next week will be better…