There is nothing I love more than to come across a good gift for an amazing price! The holiday’s are expensive enough let alone trying to purchase the perfect gift for your loved ones.
Being in the Beauty Industry, I want to find items that are a little more personalized than the generic items that seem to plague the stores this time of year. I know that beauty items are in themselves so expensive, but here are a few gift ideas to help you out.
For the Lip Smacker:
1. EOS, $2.99-$3.29 With a variety of flavors, EOS (Evolution of Smooth) lip balms will keep anyones lips soft during the winter months. They are free of paraben (waxes) and petroleum (oils) that simply coat the top of your lips without any real nourishing.
You can purchase these directly through EOS or at stores such as Meijer, Target, and Walmart. The only negative I have found is that they do not contain sunscreen. If you are going out in the elements you may need to use additional protections against the elements.
2. what’s your virtue?, $12 This company was started by three mothers and friends who wanted to send a positive message to their preteens as well as women everywhere. These products are gluten-free. They are created with a hydrating formula that will help keep your lips free from hurt as well as contain natural oils, natural ingredients and antioxidants.
I have personally tried Kindness. It is the best lip gloss I have found. It is pleasant and long-lasting. It is not overly tacky either. It also serves as a reminder to speak and act with kindness every use.
For the Eyes:
1. ‘Naked2’ Urban Decay, $29-$54 Depending on your budget and the size of palate you are looking for the Naked2 palates are one of the best around! They wear well and do not flake off like some of those that are similar in style and significantly lower in price.
This neutral palate really is perfect for all year round. You can wear it daily, for a dinner party, or for a more dramatic “night on the town” with your girlfriends. This is worth the money spend.
For the Skin:
1. Sabon Body Scrub, $33 If you are looking for a gift for someone who loves to keep their hands or body soft year round, consider this gentle scrub for a gift of choice. They have scents for men and women alike. This product doesn’t contain any SLS (detergent) or paraben (wax). It is created with salt from the Dead Sea that is coated in naturally derived oils that are able to deeply penetrate the skin and gently lift out the impurities.
This scrub is so nice to have going into the winter months. This is a versatile product as you don’t just use it on your hands; you can use it on your arms, legs, and elbows. I use my scrub during my shower on my legs that are dry. The oils do a very nice job maintaining moisture for dry skin.
For Taming the Mane:
1. Bolder Bands, $14-$30 These headbands were created to stay on a person’s head while working out without slipping off. I must confess, it made me curious to try them upon this claim. I found Bolder Bands on Facebook.
I tried them on a whim and I must confess I have several of their original style bands. Make sure to measure your head properly to ensure the best fit and comfort. Bolder Band’s have since branched out and created several other products such as beautiful lace bands, water bottles, lanyard and work out clothing.
2. ‘Leave Me Breathless’, Vintage Charm Hair Wrap, $18 Vintage hair wraps are extremely popular. They can dress up almost any outfit as well as elevate the level of elegance for a simple black dress. It is an easy, yet important detail which allows you to look your best! A lot of the celebrities, like Katy Perry, are wearing them too.
Charming Charlie’s has a plethora of hair wraps mimicking that of the vintage look. If you are interested, check out “Leave me Breathless”. These are a wonderful gift whether you like creating a style with your hair regularly or not. Hair wraps are the least intimidating accessory in a hair stylist’s arsenal!
Whether you are looking for something simple or elaborate for your loved one’s this holiday season, this variety of options should give you a jump-start in finding the perfect gift that they will love without breaking your bank.
One very important detail to mention, all of the above suggested gifts can be purchased in selected stores or online.