Who doesn’t love overnight oatmeal (or oatmeal in general) this time of year? With cold, rain-turns-to-snow mornings, few things are more satisfying and comforting as a warm, gooey bowl of oatmeal. Except maybe delicious oatmeal you don’t have to worry about in the morning!
I love this easy, endlessly customizable recipe. Not only is it healthy and delicious, it’s perfect for a grab-‘n’-go breakfast. It’s especially great if you work out before work and need a high protein belly to get you ready for the day.
The variations to this recipes are endless! The foundation of the recipe includes the following:
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (make sure they are gluten-free if you have a gluten sensitivity)
- 1 scoop (or serving)of protein powder (I use whey isolates)
- 2 Tbsp of chia seeds
- Optional 1 Tbsp psyllium husks (I like this as it aids in fulness for hours I’ve noticed)
- Mix or shake all the primary ingredients in a mason jar before adding 1 cup of milk of choice (I use almond unsweetened vanilla, you can use coconut, soy, plain almond, rice, cow’s milk, or another variation)
- Shake this up until there are NO more clumps
- Refergerate overnight
- 1 clementine, diced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp of crushed walnuts.
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp nut of choice
- 2 Tbsp of yogurt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purre
- Omit chia seeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (pure maple syrup)
Enjoy starting your day off healthy in 2015!