I mean who doesn’t want an easy and warm meal in this cold weather? This was one of those recipes where I was using up what I had because going to the grocery store was just not going to happen. I was clicking around the internet for inspiration and taco soup is what came to mind.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- Salt to taste
- 1 jar of vodka sauce (hey you gotta use what you have!)
- 2 tsp of Cumin
- 1 32 oz chicken broth carton
- 1 tbsp of dried cilantro
- 1 tsp red cayenne pepper (optional for spice)
- In large pot spray with oil (I used coconut oil spray) and cook turkey
- Once turkey is done, put in all other ingredients and cook on a low simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally
- Test and add any spices you feel it may need
- Serve with optional toppings of sweet potato chips, corn tortilla chips, sour cream, avocado, cheese, etc.