The last few days have been a bit stressful, so I took to the kitchen. This orange, ginger, honey “sushi bowl” hit the spot. It’s delicious and allows this highly sensitive person to enjoy a taste of Asian.
- *First you need a pound of shredded chicken. I like to put chicken in the crock pot on low for about 6 hours in chicken stock.
- *Second you need a cup of cooked rice. I use the rice cooker, but you can cook it on the stove top too
After you have the above 2 ingredients, put them in a sauce pan on low and add the follow ingredients.
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos -1/4 cup gf soy sauce (If the above doesn’t cover all the rice and chicken and make them slightly brown tint add coconut aminos until it is)
- 1 tsp brown sugar -1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- juice from 1 mandarin orange
- 5 green onions diced
**allow the above to simmer for about 15 minutes on low*
While the above is simmering dice a cucumber and if your shelled edamame is frozen, let that defrost.
On your plate add to 1 cup of the cooked mixture
- diced cucumber to taste (cucumber is a bit strong for me, so I don’t use a lot of it)
- avocado (I used 1/2 a mini avocado)
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame